I have a curious subject that's been rolling around in my head. LOSS. It hits everyone. It hits in very different ways: financial loss, death, illness, pain, unfaithfulness, divorce, missing child, job, relationship, miscarriage, not able to get pregnant, homelessness, foreclosure, bankruptcy, business, fire, natural disaster, jail-time, and on and on.
Some people handle loss through: suicide, murder, drugs, alcohol, divorce, anger, depression....and never come out of the darkness. And yet, some people handle the very same loss and survive. They may go 'through the valley' and experience true darkness on their journey...but they survive. They come out stronger than they went in. They come out of the darkness....somehow.
Have you experienced significant loss and come out of the darkness? I would like to hear about it. If you are willing, would you share your story? Here are some questions I'd like for you to answer in your sharing:
1. What was your loss?
2. What were your darkest days like? (your thoughts, emotions, relationships, etc)
3. What did you believe about God when the loss happened and during your dark days?
4. What kept you from staying in the pain and began your journey out?
5. How long has it been since the loss?
6. How is life different now than before the loss?
7. What do you believe about God now?
I'd love to hear from you.